EMAIL : AIPEUP3MAHARASHTRACIRCLE@GMAIL.COM
Friday, 30 January 2015
Thursday, 29 January 2015
1. Com. P K Kharat - CBS, Shortage of staff ,holding of Workshop, Inclusion of all circle office
bearers in Bi-monthly & four monthly meeting by way of rotation. Membership verification 2015,”Maharashtra Circle Post” Golden jubilee celebration.
2. Com.Girnale- Formation of NFPE (GDS). Circle have to take wait & watch roll till membership
verification process. Enhancement of Treasury Allowance.
3. Com.Magdum-HRA problem in Kolhapur Dn,CBS, use of old Computer Hardware causing
difficulties in day to day work, Building problems. Membership verification.
4. Com.Dhumal- CBS migration and difficulties faced, Revival of silent accounts and opening of
small denomination new account for target, holding of workshop before membership verification,Communication to be made with all Div Secretaries.
5. Com.Vaggawad- HRA problems,Building problems,Transfer & Postings problems, Harassment for target ,provision of basic amenities,supply of coolers, Medical funds,CGHS/AMA facility,GDS
issue,computer printers & stationery issue,Formation of NFPE (GDS)
6. Com.Surendra Palav-Membership Verification 2015,Postmaster Cadre, Problems in CBS (Finacle),PLI (Macamish) software, Display of work done by Circle union on website/blog of
the circle union.Transfer u/r 38. Direct approach of some Div Sec to CO/RO. Formation of NFPE
7. Com.Sathe- Problem in CBS & PLI migration, PLI Service Tax ,MSEB bills rebooking ,COD Parcel , Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan,Building problems,Supply of Fake currency notes detectors, shortage of staff, Repatriation of staff on deputation to CO/RO/DO, Supply of Dongal due to network problem.
8. Com.Suresh Savant-Remittance of Circle Quota, Direct Correspondence/Discussions from D.O
level to CHQ level without knowledge of circle union & protocol should be observed by all
Div./Reg Secrataries. Membership verification.
9. Com.Manoj Jamdade-Use of Book named “Shidori Niyamanchi” written by Com,B G
Tamhankar,organization of “Retirement Felicitation Programme” of Com.M V Parab, C. S.
10. Com.Mohan Vibhute-Swachh Bharat Abhiyan,MSEB bills rebooking,need of CCTV
cameras,Building problems,PLI service tax,Supply of Water Purifiers, Transfer & Postings of
ACCTT,holding of workshop at CO level on the basis of Vidisha Study Camp, Difficulties in
formation of NFPE(GDS). Formation of Whats App group for circle office bearers.
11. Com.Vijay Ayare- Harassment by Div Heads,Shortage of staff,membership verification
programme 2015,Single duty of delivery Postmasters.
12. Com.G R Khedekar-Shortage of staff , deployment of additional staff and supply of required
computer hardware in Project Arrow/CBS/PLI migrated offices,issue of stamp sale work given to
MPCM counters, Filling up of vacancies of norm based LSG/HSG-II/HSG-I posts as per guidelines
of the Directorate,Membership verification , Irregular extension of trade union facilities to BDKS
union. Transfer u/r 38.
13. Com.Mangesh V Parab Circle Secretary given answer to all the problem raised by the CWC member like CBS/PLI migration, New Recruitment, DPC, MACP , Counter hours ,MMS schedule,target, Society election, Membership verification-2015,Formation of NFPE(GDS) branch, Trade union facilities extended to BDKS union. Transfer u/r 38. Repairing of union office ,
purchase of Laptop for union correspondence, New accommodation for union work in Mumbai .
14. Com.J H Pawar- Membership verification-2015,Formation of NFPE(GDS) branch ,
15. Com.B G Tamhankar ex-Circle Secretary guided the CWC member and gave speech on Circle union Karyapadhati,Circulation of minutes of all regional level bi-monthly meeting.submission of union agenda in advance,Task Force ,Treasury Allowance, CCL,CGHS/AMA facility,Membership verification,Formation of NFPE (GDS),Revision of payment of DA arrears to Contigency paid staff.
Tuesday, 27 January 2015
CWC AT MALAVALI PUNE
CWC was held at Malavali Pune. Hon President.Com J H Pawar presided the CWC .
Com.B G Tamhankar guided the event with his views.
All the regional secretary discussed various promblems like CBS ,shortage of staff,non workng of printers and computers & members verification .
Healthy discussion is going on at CWC malavali
Saturday, 24 January 2015
Friday, 23 January 2015
Tuesday, 20 January 2015
Thursday, 15 January 2015
Wednesday, 14 January 2015
Tuesday, 13 January 2015
Happy Makar Sankranti
गुळातील गोडवा ओठावर येऊ द्या.
मनातील कडवापणा बाहेर पडूद्या…
या संक्रांतीला तीळगुळ खाताना
आमची आठवण राहू द्या….
गोड गोड मित्रांना!!!!
गात यावी दीप..........!!
उत्कर्षाचे अत्तर सुगंधी चोहिकडे शिंपावे,...!!
सुखाचे मंगल क्षण आपणांस लाभावे..........!!
श्री लक्ष्मी-नारायण घरी तुमच्या यावे.........!!
शुभेच्छांच्यने अवघे अंगण तुमचे भरावे.......!!
!! शुभ संक़ात !!
दुःख असावे तिळासारखे,
आनंद असावा गुळासारखा,
जीवन असावे तिळगुळासारखे.
"भोगीच्या व मकरसंक्रातीच्या
खूप खूप शुभेच्छा"।।
Monday, 12 January 2015
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION IN DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
A National Cleanliness Drive of Post Offices emanated as action point as a result of Secretary, Department of Posts’ presentation before the Prime Minister on 24th June, 2014. The Drive resulted in considerable improvement in the state of cleanliness in Post Offices which have also been de-cluttered. Old time-barred records and unserviceable items including furniture and equipment have been removed and disposed off after following due process. In order to keep the Posts Offices clean, spotless and welcoming for public, all the Chief Postmasters General (CPMsG) have been instructed to continue to ensure cleanliness in all the Post Offices and also to have a Special Cleanliness Drive at least once every month in every Office.
After announcement of official launch of ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’from 2nd October 2014 by Prime Minister and on receipt of instructions of first phase of cleanliness campaign (25th September -31st October, 2014), Secretary, Department of Posts initiated the Swachh Bharat campaign in the Department by holding a Video Conference with all the Chief Postmasters General on 25th September 2014.
Hon'ble Minister of Communications and IT also visited Post Offices as part of the Swachh Bharat Campaign.The Minister personally instructed and guided the staff about the significance of keeping Post Offices clean.His visits enthused the postal staff in making the Post Offices clean.
During the first phase of cleanliness campaign (25th September -31st October, 2014) following activities were undertaken by the Department of Posts:
i. “SwachhtaShapath” was administered on 02nd October, 2014 to all Officers and Staff in the headquarters of this Department and at the field levels.
ii. National Postal Week (observed every year from 09th October to 15th October) was dedicated to Swachh Bharat Mission this year, with emphasis on creating awareness amongst employees and public about cleanliness.
iii. Shramdaan for cleaning postal premises and awareness programmes for employees and public were organized in all the Postal Circles.
iv. Senior Officers visited Offices across the country to monitor the “National Cleanliness Campaign”. Progress was also regularly monitored through Video Conferencing with Heads of Circles.
In order to prepare the Five Year Action Plan (upto 2nd October, 2019) for Department of Posts in respect ofSwachh Bharat Mission, a Task Force was constituted on 26th September, 2014 under the Chairmanship of Member (Postal Services Board). The Five Year Action Plan, which includes One Year Action Plan (from 02.10.2014 to 01.10.2015) and next Four Year Action Plan (from 02.10.2015 to 02.10.2019), of Department of Posts has been prepared and communicated to the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, the nodal Ministry for Swachh Bharat Mission. All the concerned Officers in the Department have also been instructed to implement the Action Plan(s) in a time-bound manner. The Action Plan(s) have also been uploaded in the e-Sameeksha Portal of Cabinet Secretariat i.e. http://cabsecmis.gov.in/. Monthly updates on Swachh Bharat Mission for Department of Posts would be uploaded on India Post website.
NEW INITIATIVES: PARCEL & e COMMERCE
Emerging eCommerce market is being perceived as a business opportunity by the Department of Posts to increase its revenue receipts. Department of Posts has rationalised its offering in Parcel segment and is positioning Speed Post, a premium product for eCommerce solution. Further, Cash-on-Delivery facility was also introduced to cater the needs of eCommerce companies. Following are the initiatives taken by the Department in this regard:.
Network coverage for Express Parcel expanded w.e.f. 01.11.2014 for booking and delivery across the country, thereby providing a faster, safe and secure mode of transmission for parcels.
Statement of Intent for co-operation was signed with snapdeal.com (M/s Jasper Info Tech) and shopclues.com (M/s Clues Network) on the occasion of ‘Business Development Day’ (14th October 2014) during ‘National Postal Week’
Tie-ups have been made with various eCommerce players viz. Flipkart.com, Myntra.com, Snapdal.com, StarCJ etc. to provide distribution and Cash on Delivery services.
Pilot has been started in Mumbai and Bangalore with M/s Amazon.in for providing next day assured deliver of Speed Post articles through identified Post Offices.
For further horizontal integration in emerging eCommerce market, Department of Posts is in process of developing a pilot to provide online sale facilities for rural artisans.
As a result of continuous monitoring and review of service features, services of Department of Posts has become first choice for the customers. While conducting audit of ‘Project Arrow’ Post Offices, P & T audit carried an independent survey and concluded that the “Speed Post services of the DoP fares better than the services provided by private courier services”. There are many web based reviews/ blogs on India Post eCommerce initiatives e.g. Shopnix eCommerce training blog ranks India Post as number one among eCommerce courier companies with an overall score of 3.9/5.
NEW INITIATIVES: PHILATELY
Department of Posts has taken a number of new initiatives to provide marketing impetus and to promote Philately:
1) Online sale of Philatelic products through e-post office and e-commerce website. In this context, an agreement was signed with Snap deal and online sale through Snap deal website was started on 29.08.2014. Since its inception in late August till November end, philatelic products worth over 5.5 lakhs, have been sold through Snap deal.
2) A Postal fair was organized at Delhi Haat on 11th -12th October 2014 which had the following attractions:- An exhibition wall with theme wise stamp prints, an emcee, dressed as a postman was engaging visitors in postal and philately trivia like quiz, sit & draw competition, tattoo artist designing stamps on hands and arms. Complimentary balloons with India Post logo stamp design were distributed to children, short skits were performed every hour on the role, importance and need of postal services in our daily lives etc.
3) National Philatelic tours cum workshops were organized from 09th-15th October 2014 and December 2014, to generate interest about philately amongst the Younger Generation. More than 18 schools in Delhi participated in the workshop and numbers of footfalls were encouraging. Besides, students have been actively involved in the workshops, Short Films, Quizes all over the country. Painting Competitions on the theme of Philately were the main attraction points for the school children.
4) Other initiatives taken by the philately division, include making booklets on various themes such as art and culture, flowers, children books and eminent personalities like Gandhi, Nehru & Indian Musicians etc.
5) It has been decided to hold nation- wide stamp-design competitions on “people-centric” themes, for designing the postage stamps to be released by the Department on the occasion of Republic Day, Independence Day & Children’s Day every year. The design, on the basis of such a competition, has already been finalized for release on the occasion of Republic Day 2015 where the theme was “ Clean India”.
NEW INITIATIVES : POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
India Posts provides Insurance Services to employees of Central and State Governments, Central and State PSUs, Nationalized and Scheduled Commercial Banks, as well as Government accredited financial institutions, Local Bodies, Universities & Government aided educational institutions, Credit Co-operative Societies, Joint Ventures having a minimum of 10% Govt./PSUs stake and Employees of institutions accredited by recognized bodies i.e. AICTE/MCI etc under Postal Life Life Insurance (PLI). Postal Life Insurance coverage is also extended to the Defence Services as well as Para-military Forces establishments. As on date, there are more than 6.2 million policies with aggregate sum assured of Rs.1,21,153.91 crores in PLI.
Besides, PLI organization also manages Group Insurance Policy for the Gramin Dak Sewaks of the Department called EDAGIS-1992 and GDAGIS-2010.
Postal Life Insurance (RPLI)
• Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) was introduced in 1995 as a sequel to recommendations of Malhotra Committee constituted for reforms in Insurance Sector and is mandated to provide affordable insurance coverage to rural population especially weaker sections and women workers. As on date there are more than 23.68 million RPLI policies with aggregate sum assured of more than Rs. 1,58,901.36 crores.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE PAST SEVEN MONTHS
• the limit of life insurance in Postal Life Insurance will be increased from Rs. 20 lakhs to Rs. 50 lakhs in December.2014.;
• PLI has a scheme called “Sampoorna Dak Jeevan Bima Gram Yojna”. In order to increase life insurance awareness in rural areas, we are now working to reinvigorate the said scheme by way of providing visible infrastructural facilities or any other structure under “Swatch Bharat Abhiyan” in rural areas.
PROPOSAL under consideration
• Increasing the limit of life insurance in Rural Postal Life Insurance from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs;
Thursday, 8 January 2015
By pass RBI, create India Post Bank through law, PM's task force told govt
A task force set up by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review the operations of India’s postal department has mooted the creation of a full-fledged Postal bank.
The panel is headed by former cabinet secretary, TSR Subramanian and comprising of experts that includes former Infosys board member TV Mohandas Pai,
The recommendations will be submitted to the government soon, according to a government official in the know of the development. In fact, the task force has recommended to launch the proposed Post bank through an Act of the Parliament and not by approaching the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
“The task force has is not in favour of permitting India Post to run a payments bank but wants the department to run a full-fledged commercial bank, which it believe will help push the cause of financial inclusion in the country,” the official said.
An announcement in this regard is likely to be made as early as Thursday at Dak Bhavan, the headquarters of department of postal services in Delhi, the official said.
The task force, set up in August, has also made several other recommendations to leverage the vast network of India Post and its local knowledge across regions in India, the official said.
For India Post, which has been cherishing the dream of becoming a bank, the Subramanian panel recommendation will be a huge boost for its demand for a full service banking permit.
The Postal department, which was among the 25 contenders for a full service banking licence last year, didn’t get into the final list since the UPA government at the time wasn’t keen on backing the move and refused to provide the department with the minimum capital required to set up a commercial bank.
Last year, while issuing licenses to IDFC and Bandhan, the RBI had observed that India Post can be given banking licence if government, technically the promoter of the proposed Post bank, gives its nod.
India Post has argued that the department’s entry to banking can contribute massively to the cause of financial inclusion, or the process of spreading banking services to the unbanked population of the country, using its vast network of 1,55,000 post offices.
Of its total network, about 1,39,040 post offices are in rural areas. Going by a 2011 estimate of the postal department, about 6,000 people are covered on average by post-offices in rural areas and about 24,000 in urban areas.
Through its various saving schemes, Postal department handles deposits to the tune of Rs 6,00,000 crore.
As Firstbiz noted earlier, India Post’s entry into banking can be game changer in rural banking given the massive reach of Post in the far-flung areas of the country and local knowledge.
The department has already commenced the process of linking all its branches through technology, besides setting up ATMs across the country.
The development has come at a time the RBI is opening up the banking sector to differentiated banks or banks with specific areas of focus such as payments banks and small banks. Payment banks can engage in accepting small deposits, offer ATM/debit cards, payments and remittance services through various channels. They can also offer financial products like mutual fund units and insurance products.
Small finance banks, on the other hand, are almost like full service commercial banks. However, these banks cannot engage in large value transactions since 75 percent of their loans must be lent to the so-called priority sector. For existing banks, this requirement is 40 percent. Also, at least 50 percent of their loan portfolio should constitute loans and advances of up to Rs 25 lakh.
India Post, however, is not keen to set up a small bank or payments bank and, instead, wants a full service banking licence, the official quoted earlier said.