EMAIL : AIPEUP3MAHARASHTRACIRCLE@GMAIL.COM
Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Saturday, 21 January 2017
WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE ASSURANCES --- WE WANT POSITIVE ACTION AND NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT -- SEVEN MONTHS ARE OVER AFTER THE JUNE 30th ASSURANCES -- AGAIN SWEET WORDS AND ASSURANCES BY HON'BLE HOME MINISTER AND CABINET SECRETARY -- THIS TIME NO TIME FRAME --- PENSION COMMITTEE REPORT UNILATERALLY SUBMITTED TO CABINET WITHOUT REACHING ANY NEGOTITED SETTLEMENT WITH STAFFSIDE -- THE ONE AND THE ONLY POSITIVE RECOMMENDATION OPTION -1 FOR PENSIONERS IS GOING TO BE REJECTED -- FATE OF OTHER COMMITTEES MAY NOT BE DIFFERENT IF THERE IS NO NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT -- ALLOWANCE COMMITTEE NOT YET CONCEDED THE DEMAND OF JCM STAFFSIDE SECRETARY FOR GIVING ANOTHER CHANCE FOR DISCUSSION -- NO NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT ON ANY ISSUES -- GOVT MADE JCM FORUM ONLY A TALKING SHOP -- NEIROS ARE FIDDELING WHEN ROME IS BURNING -- CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS CANNOT BE FOOLED ANY MORE -- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH -- MAKE THE 16th MARCH 2016 ONE DAY STRIKE A THUNDERING SUCCESS.
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GRAMIN DAK SEVAK
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
MAJOR RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE GDS COMMITTEE
The Committee’s major recommendations are summarized below.
1. The old system of payment of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) is dispensed with and replaced with a new wage payment system. Under the new wage payment system, 11 TRCA slabs are subsumed into 3 Wage Scales with two Levels each for BPMs and for other than BPMs One wage scale would be common for both the categories of GDSs.
New Wage Scales
1. 10,000 - 24,470 (Other than BPM Level 1)
2. 12,000 - 29,380 (Other than BPM Level 2 & BPM Level 1)
3. 14,500 - 35,480 (BPM Level 2)
2. The minimum working hours of GDS Post offices and GDSs is increased to 4 hours from 3 hours.
3. The new working hours for GDS Post Offices will be 4 hours and 5 hours only.
4. The Level 1 GDS Post Offices/GDSs will have 4 hours as working hours and Level- 2 will have 5 hours as working hours.
5. The Point System for assessment of workload of BPMs has been abolished.
6. The new wage payment system is linked to revenue generation of GDS Post Offices. Under the new system, there will be no increase in wages of BPMs from Level – 1 to Level – 2 on the basis of workload but the same will be increased based on achievement of prescribed revenue norms which is fixed at 100% for normal areas and 50% for special areas which presently have 15% anticipated income norms.
7. The GDS Post Offices not achieving the prescribed revenue norm within the given working hours will have to open GDS Post Offices for minimum of additional 30 minutes beyond the prescribed working hours.
8. The GDSs BPMs will be paid Revenue Linked Allowance @10% beyond Level 2 wage scale if they will be successful in achieving revenue beyond prescribed norms.
9. The GDS Post Offices has been categorized into A, B, C and D categories based on the revenue generation norms. The GDS Post Office in A category will achieve 100% revenue. The Committee has recommended a set of actions for each category of GDS Post Offices.
10. The six approved categories of GDs are subsumed into two categories only. One category will be Branch Post Master and all other 5 categories of GDSs are subsumed into one Multi Tasking Category.
11. The job profile of Multi Tasking GDS is expanded to include work such as Business Development and Marketing etc. Their jobs will no more be confined to their old designations. The Assistant BPM will assist BPMs for increasing revenue generation.
12. The GDSs working in the GDS Post Offices will be known as Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPMs) and those working in the Departmental Post Offices will be known as Dak Sevak (DS).
13. The minimum wage has been increased to Rs.10000/- per month and maximum to Rs.35,480/- per month.
14. The rate of annual increase is recommended as 3%.
15. A Composite Allowance comprising of support for hiring accommodation for GDS Post Offices as well as mandatory residence, office maintenance, mobile and electricity usage charges etc. has been introduced for the first time.
16. Children Education Allowance @ Rs.6000/- per child per annum has been introduced for GDSs.
17. Risk & Hardship Allowance@ Rs.500/- per month for GDSs working in the special areas has also been introduced.
18. A Financial upgradation has been introduced at 12 years, 24 years and 36 years of services in form of two advance additional annual increases.
19. The Celling of ex-gratia gratuity has been increased from Rs.60,000 to Rs.5,00,000/-.
20. The GDS Contribution for Service Discharge Benefit Scheme (SDBS) should be enhanced maximum up to 10% and minimum up to 3% of the basic wage per month, whereas the Department should contribute a fixed contribution of 3% of the basic wage of the GDSs.
21. The coverage of GDS Group Insurance Scheme has been enhanced from Rs.50,000/- to Rs.5,00,000/-.
22. The contribution of Department in Circle Welfare Fund (CWF) has been increased from Rs.100/- per annum to Rs.300/- per annum.
23. The scope of CWF is extended to cover immediate family members such as spouse; daughters, sons and dependent daughters in law in the scheme.
24. The Committee also recommended 10% hike in the prescribed limits of financial grants and assistance in the Circle Welfare Fund.
25. The Committee has recommended addition of Rs.10,000/- for purchase of Tablet/Mobile from the Circle Welfare Fund in the head “Financial Assistance from Fund by way of loans with lower rate of interest (5%)”.
26. Provision of 26 weeks of Maternity Leave for women GDSs has been recommended.
27. The wages for the entire period of Maternity Leave is recommended to be paid from salary head from where wages of GDSs are paid.
28. The Committee has also recommended one week of Paternity Leave.
29. The Committee has recommended 5 days of emergency leave per annum.
30. Leave accumulation and encashment facility up to 180 days has been introduced.
31. Online system of engagement has been recommended.
32. The maximum age limit of 50 years for Direct Recruitment of GDSs has been abolished.
33. Minimum one year of GDS service will now be required for GDSs for Direct Recruitment into Department cadres such as MTS/Postman/Mail Guard.
34. Alternate livelihood condition for engagement of GDSs has been relaxed.
35. Voluntary Discharge Scheme has been recommended.
36. The Discharge age has been retained at 65 years.
37. The Limited Transfer Facility has been relaxed from 1 time to 3 times for male GDSs. There will be no restriction on number of chances for transfer of women GDSs. The power for transfer has been delegated to the concerned Divisional head.
38. The ex-gratia payment during put off period should be revised to 35% from 25% of the wage and DA drawn immediately before put off.
39. The Committee has recommended preferring transfer before put off duty.
40. The Compassionate Engagement of GDSs has been relaxed to give benefits to eligible dependents in all cases of death of GDS while in service.
Important Recommendations made by GDS Committee - compiled by NFPE & AIPEU GDS
For the preliminary information to all our GDS Comrades & well-wishers, a gist of recommendations have been extracted from the GDS Committee Report submitted by Shri Kamalesh Chandra.
= Categories of GDS:
BRANCH POST MASTER
All Branch Post Masters
ASSISTANT BRANCH POST MASTER
GDS MD, GDS MC
= Viability of GDS Post Offices:
New norms for calculation of GDS Pos are recommended.
Further Categorization of GDS POs based on proportion of Revenue / Expenditure
Category of GDS PO
Urban & Rural (Normal)
100% of its expenditure
50% of its expenditure
Proportion of Revenue to expenditure
100% or more of prescribed form
75% to 99% of prescribed form
50% to 74.99% of prescribed form
Less than 50% of prescribed form
In place of point system, the Committee recommends the new wage payment system. The new system linked to revenue generation and not to work load.
= Rural Business Development and Marketing:
The Committee Recommended many items for successful realization of rural business potentials.
= Committee recommends to improve the accessibility, visibility and infrastructure of GDS POs.
PO are with 10’ X 10’ dimensions in ground floor.
Building owned by Gram Panchayat
Building owned by Central Govt or State Govt. ie.,schools or offices BPM’s own house
Proper rented accommodation in a busy place of the village
Building owned by NGOs.
With all furniture and power supply.
= Legal status of GDS:
The Committee observed that the matter is sub judice.
The Department should take suitable steps to increase security of job, prevent exploitation and increase income of GDSs so that they feel secure and live happily with in the GDS system and with the existing legal status.
= Terms and conditions of engagement.
The Committee recommends changes in Rule-3A.
Introduce voluntary discharge scheme on willing to leave the post before 65 years
Discharge from the service on the last day of the month.
Relaxation on limited transfer facility.
= Recommendations on wage structure and fixation of wages.
Committee recommends raising of minimum duty from 3 hours to 4 hours of all GDSs
Comparison : BPM = Postman
Asst. BPM & Dak Sevak = MTS
Minimum wage fixed at :
Rs.10,000- for 4 hours & Rs.12,000- for five hours. (Level-I)
Rs.12,000- for 4 hours & Rs.14,500- for five hours (Level-2)
Annual increase @ 3% on 1st January or 1st July
Wage matrix & Wage Level Table & Arrears calculation Table are given in detail.
Dearness Allowance – no change
% of DA with regular employees – no change
Increased rate of DA – no change
Recommended allowances :
Cash Conveyance Allowance
Combined Duty Allowance
Children Education Allowance
Revenue linked Allowance for eligible BPMs
Risk & hardship allowance
Allowances to be withdrawn:
Office Maintenance Allowance
Fixed Stationery Allowance
Cycle Maintenance Allowance
Split Duty Allowance.
Composite Allowance Includes:
Rent for housing GDS PO, Rent for Accommodation, washing-repairs-maintenance of premises, furniture, stationery charges, electricity usage charges for office, Mobile / Telephone usage charges, Boat Allowance/ CMA/ TA, Hospitality charges for drinking water, other incidental charges.
=Performance Related Incentive
Revenue linked allowance along with the present system of incentives with automatic payment at the end of each month.
= Ex-gratia Bonus:
Dept should re-examine the formula for payment of bonus and ex gratia bonus with reference to the share of revenue generated by the departmental as well as GDS POs.
= Methods of engagement
Method of selection : on line method engagement should be introduced.
Recruiting Authority : appended to the GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011
Qualification :SSC/SSLC from State Board/CBSE/ICSE with certificate course or diploma course in IT
Knowledge of local language.
Maintenance of Reservation roster at divisional level.
Stop the security in the form of FG bonds, introduce 5 year TD or NSC as security.
= Career Progression
There is need to increase the Direct Recuitment quota of GDS in Postman & Mail Guard because of large working strength of GDS and to provide them with better opportunities for getting into departmental posts.
Introduce a guaranteed special increase in wages after 12, 24 & 36 years of service with two annual increases.
Designation of GDSs should be changed after each financial upgradation.
=Leave & substitute arrangement:
Paid leave should be renamed as ordinary leave and enhanced from 20 to 30 days in a year.
Introduce Encashment of Ordinary leave.
Introduce ‘emergency leave’ for 5 days in a calendar year, but no carry forward.
No full time substitute will be engaged.
Women GDS – 26 weeks of maternity leave and paid from salary head.
Paternity leave for 7 days.
= Disciplinary Rules:
Department should add a new punishment of ‘compulsory discharge from the service’ in the list “major penalties’ and the content of Rule-9 of GDS (Conduct & Engagement)Rules 2011.
= Social Security Schemes:
Severance Amount : @ Rs.4,000 from 01-01-2016 for every completed year of service subject to maximum of Rs.1,50,000-.
Service Discharge Benefit Scheme (SDBS):
GDS contribution should be revised as minimum of 3% and maximum of 10% of the basic wage per month.
Department contribution should be fixed as 3% of the basic wage.
Bring the GDS under the purview of Gratuity Act with an upper limit of Rs.5,00,000-
Group Insurance Scheme : enhance the rate of monthly subscription by Rs.500 per month with insurance coverage of Rs.5,00,000-.
GDS CWF subscription should be enhanced from Rs.20- to Rs.100- pm.
Department grant should be enhanced from Rs.100- to Rs.300- PA.
Point system should not be applied to the compassionate appointment of dependents of GDS.
Photo identity cards to all GDS with free of cost.